WICS Blog Acceptable Use Policy
1. Use of the Blog
The following (together with the terms and conditions of use – http://www.watercommission.co.uk/view_Privacy.aspx tells you the terms and conditions on which you may make use of the blog operated by The Water Industry Commission for Scotland ("We") on www.watercommission.co.uk ("Website"). Please read this policy carefully before you post anything on the blog.
By posting anything on our blog, you indicate that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to the terms of this policy, please refrain from posting anything on our blog.
2. The Rules
These rules apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website (contributions).
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Be in English or in Scottish Gaelic although you acknowledge that posting contributions in Gaelic may take longer to be uploaded to the site.
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive (this includes swear words), hateful or inflammatory.
- Incite people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be threatening or abusive, invade another's privacy or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Contain any personal information relating either to you or to anyone else.
- Be posted on multiple occasions.
- Prejudice on-going or forthcoming court proceedings.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
The use of any of our blog facilities by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use our blog that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online.
You must comply with the spirit of the rules as well as the letter. The rules apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
3. Violation of the Rules
When we consider that a breach of this policy has occurred, we will not post the contribution on the Website. We may also take such further action as we deem appropriate, which may include all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Website.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the blog by a user in contravention of this policy and for actions taken in response to breaches of this policy.
4. Changes to this acceptable use policy
We keep this policy under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. By continuing to use our Website you indicate that you accept any updates to this policy. This policy was last updated on 15 March 2011.
5. How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our acceptable use policy or any complaints about anything appearing on our blog:
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- write to us at The Water Industry Commission for Scotland at First Floor, Moray House, Forthside Way, Stirling, FK8 1QZ.